Apparently, people can see me working as an Analyst in an MNC, they can also find me very rapt and well thought-out professional in fresh India...but I will tell you a secret...I am essentially the person who wrote this claptrap on this page...I am just a creature who is in fallacy that he could write...I am just a writer who tries to inscribe the harmony of verve in expression...


...Here you would neither find literature nor science; not even economics or politics will find a place on this leaf...you can just hit upon few words which explain me...may be you as well...



Friday, February 19, 2010

Weren’t they my colleagues?

Last Sunday I was the most fortunate chap in the whole creation as I intended to quit my job and decided to go to the Himalayas for a while and stay there - out of this chaotic, unintelligent civilization. I decided to quit smoking, I decided to quit liquor, I decided to get isolated without a clue of the brutal lads out here.

Next day I came to office, said ‘hi’ to the people whom I didn’t even care about, worked for a while on the same undone spreadsheet which I saved on my desktop last Friday, ate the same ‘thali’ which I am having from last three years, took a nap pretending to look at the monitor very inquisitively...and then I stood up to proclaim that I was actually going to do the bravest assignment in mankind history. My team mates looked at me and laughed...as if I did not have fortitude to do it...ha ha...I laughed at them too and walked into the room where I hated to enter otherwise, but hey...this time I was the king!

It is now 1 week since I quit the work where I signed a bond to get older very fast and to be speechless even faster. Today is my last day in office. Today I am young, I am not deaf indeed, and surprisingly I have my brain on the right place – still undamaged. I stepped into the floor and saw my bay decorated with blue papers and white flowers – very much colourful as I could ever think of my first day in the Himalayas! I found myself being squeezed by a dozen of gentle souls transmitting positive vigour across my body. First time ever in last three years I found that place so untainted, so serene. I got these skilfully wrapped gifts from my team members as I used to get from my mother on my birthdays! I got an old spreadsheet from the ‘recycle bin’ which was incomplete as usual, but this time I wanted to finish working on rest of the 365883 cells.

During the farewell I realised, I was standing in the centre of a gigantic family where the members care for each other but confirm only at times, I was standing with the same men whom I used to wave - for just saying “I am superior”, I was relishing the same sweetness which I used to think sickly sweet so far...

And I asked myself...isn’t this the place where I should be for the rest of my life? Isn’t this the purity I was looking forward to? Weren’t they my colleagues, I knew all this time?...I knew them; I didn’t comprehend them so far. And here I am...going to the Himalayas to get comprehended instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment